Sr. Accountant@Eco Chic Consignments, Inc. Phoenix AZ
ECO CHIC CONSIGNMENTS, INC. the parent company of My Sister's Closet, My Sister's Attic, and Well Suited has an open position for Senior Accountant.
General summary of duties: Prepares monthly journal entries, analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts before issuance of financial statements.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist CFO in implementing internal control procedures.
- Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements
- Prepare, review and file monthly journal entries and account analysis.
- Analyze and correct customer accounts when necessary.
- Ability to work with POS/Sales system and reports. Utilize system to do required analysis affecting monthly accounting.
- Analyze and reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly sales tax returns for the various states and file various business tax and license applications and renewals.
- Assist with special projects and resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Prepare periodic ad hoc reports utilizing Sales system and Quick Books.
- Performs other ad hoc duties as needed
Annual salary will be based on experience
Skills / Requirements
- BS in Accounting
- 1-3 years’ experience in general accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong customer service attitude; team player; strong desire for knowledge; adaptability
- Self-motivated and organized
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Quick Books experience a plus, comfortable working with financial/operational software packages
- Retail experience a plus
Eco Chic Consignments, Inc. reserves the right to conduct drug and background checks of pre-hire candidates and employees.
Our full-time employees enjoy a benefits package co-paid medical, 401(k) with company match, voluntary dental/vision/life, paid vacation and more.